Monday, January 21, 2008

First day of classes.blah

(at the moment I can't get any pictures on my blog. Hopefully I will come back and add some later.)

Classes are sort of important...but the most important event to note of (now 3 days ago) is that I am in a band. One of my oldest life goals is being fufilled- to play the tambourine in a band.
We don't have a name yet, but I figure its like a good tattoo, you don't look for it because it's looking for you and at the right time the two shall meet and bring joy to all the world. (I would like to go ahead and mention to that perfect name that I know is looking so hard for us, that we only have a few days so if you could search a little more frantically that would be splendid.)
I do know, however, that we are classifying ourselves a band in the "swamp rock" genre... (regardless of the fact that we are way too dynamic to be classified with a single genre. I mean come on, we have a tambourine.) Kara will be the Lead guitarist and vocals, Zac will be guitarist and vocals, and I will be... and this is not a joke... tambourine, could possibly be considered backup vocals and interpretive sway dancer.

... and you know what? I better not hear any talk of my vitality to the band... I am a serious asset. OK? Casey was considered the "dead-weight" of the band until we had the idea of band photos today... so I'm doing better than her. (sorry Casey, I have to put you down to build myself up.) So band photos are tomorrow we have some great ideas, I won't share until we really get it going but I feel like its going to be a real success.

We're entering a "Battle of the bands" at St. Aldates Church in Oxford. We fully expect to win and we will be receiving 300 GBP.-Zach is buying a rugby jersey and a real Oxfordian College Suit (embroidered crest and all) with his cut of the earnings, and so far Kara will be buying a futbol jersey, long sleeve... and I haven't made up my mind for certain but I think I will probably be attending a futbol match of an undetermined team or a trip to Morocco.
Anyways, this still isn't a joke and we expect to be taken seriously, even while we remain nameless. In fact I'm about to have to put my blogging on hold to attend closed band practice. (Immediate members only tonight.)



The only other really exciting thing from today was my "ninja death fall," that would have certainly led to imminent death had the huge man, and now HERO, Zach (band member) had not been there like a deeply rooted (and huge) tree to straight up CATCH me in his huge arms just before I began to plummet from 10 feet above the ground. (10 feet because i was standing on stairs above the ground that sloped downwards to the basement level but that was AFTER I slipped flew a few extra feet into the air, whiffed the side of Andy Perkins' face with my foot and THEN began my descent.)

I can act it out sometime if you're interested. It's really just a shame that no one caught it on camera because not only is it a good story but it really was as exciting and as potentially fatal as it sounds. I'd like to give repeated thanks to Zach for being huge and for his cat-like reflexes that led him to stick his arms out when I squeezed the fire out of his arm (because I was looking death in the face)... and a thanks to Andy Perkins who gave nary a flinch when I ninja-kicked an inch from his face... He only thought that he was done getting kicked in the face by girls falling and flailing from the sky after he was done with crash-crew our senior year. I gave him many an elbow to the face during cheerleading. thanks boys for doing what you do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give Zach and Andy my sincere thanks!