Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A tuesday, a Wednesday.

I am not positive, but I think Casey might be hypoglycemic.
Haha, silly me. That is a joke because I know she is.

Its really not funny, because its not serious enough to be fatal but rather a nuisance because it is not a matter of death, but of temperament. It's slightly irrelevant because we haven't had to deal with any dangerously low sugar levels or "angry Casey" (she's been so jovial, my sweet girl) but I'm impressed and sort of shocked because even for me, minutes have turned to hours and days to weeks (and so on) and time inches by when you're hungry and have nothing to eat... and we haven't had much to eat.
It really is a by-product of my desire to save money meant for food so that I can spend it on plane ticket to far-away lands or exotic fabrics. (there's also the fact that I have about a cubic inch of space in the overcrowded fridge for my personal grocery.)

But really, I can't cook. I really have no desire to anyways. In truth, its less because of the typical American dependancy on fast food, or laziness, as it is because of my apathy towards the subject and the fact that I'd rather eat bread and cheese for a week straight than boil some water to fix a bowl of, what most definitely would be, mediocre (if not "hardly bearable") pasta. Not to mention my mere presence has been known to burn whatever happens to be in the oven or turn bland whatever is on the stove.
Unfortunately it is catching up to me and is manifested in spells of daydreams about even the most meager serving of chicken or chocolate. (its meat and sugars that are missing from my carbohydrate saturated diet.)
Its not been only once I've caught myself, or been caught by others, in a rather pathetic looking gaze and realize I'd slipped, once again, into an obsessive dream of anything but bread.

So, frugality can be expensive--dually noted.



Tomorrow Casey and I will be baby-sitting our new little friends, which is not only acceptable, but good. This is because, dear friend Kasey Musgrave will arrive in Oxford on friday morning, which means we will not be making an excursion this weekend... and I'm not sure that we won't be the only ones. Many people are leaving tomorrow for Wales, it's sad really. It forced me to serious introspection about how much I really love Kasey, because I do love Prince William.
This is of course, a joke. Though I am sad that I won't get to make the trip, I guess I'd say I'm excited to see Musgrave.
So, not only has our date tomorrow night been our saving grace when having to force Holland down to her bed while dramatically crying " but I wanna stay here and get some lovin with yooooou!!"
That's when I say, "How about thursday I'll come to your house and get some lovin with you."

I don't really know why they've taken to us as much as they have. I have always liked children, and enjoy holding and cooing over babies, but I've grown out of playing dance-monkey and overly enthusiastic baby voices to win the hearts of children.
In fact I have, in no way, catered to these girls, and they still love us. Thats not to say I don't enjoy their company... and I do allow free reign on our closet and jewelry box... which could be contradictory to the previous statements saying I haven't catered and they might have something to do with why they find their way up here daily. (perhaps they don't love me but my clothes)
Casey has admittedly said that she has no children in her life and may not know what to do with this... and to be honest sometimes watching her is funny, not because she is awkward or cold by any means to either of the girls, and loves them as much as I have come to, but the astonishment of their sudden, and flattering sentiments towards us can be seen in her raised eyebrows as they storm and bounce around the room and into Casey's personal space. (the kindergarten equivalent of "her bubble.") Not to mention going from no children to two blonde fireballs could be a system shocker.





I can't deny infatuation though, the pull of their love is strong.

Our band recorded our first cut of the demo of our first song to send in to Battle of the Bands. It's one Kara had in the works before the band was materialized. I am going to at some point either make a link or upload the song somehow. Because I know you all want to hear how naturally talented I am at the tambourine... be proud people.

be proud.

No comments: