Thursday, April 2, 2009

onward steady faithful stead! On to Brazil.

Negligence
I'm pretty steady in this
negligence
it's only inadequacy since my
heart is in this
but it's my
negligence.

I wrote that poem to say sorry for... well, my negligence.

Tomorrow I mount my chartered chariot and ride through the night, making my way through the southern cone up to Brazil. We'll be in Paraguay by morning. The idea almost seems romantic... but I'm sure by tomorrow night it will seem tragic.

Here's a few pictures of Peru and random occurrences in my lovely Uruguayan home to tide your appetite until the next wave of sporadic and lacking posts.


the other night (after Peru) before the ballet.



My best friend Diego's mate and thermos. I'm really going to miss those three (mate, thermos, and diego) they bought me my own mate and thermos for my birthday though. sweet


Beautiful center of Cusco


Women at night


My beautiful little big city Montevideo. An old church tucked between two high risers... its a city where I've found many things in juxtaposition, for sure.

chau

No comments: