Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm upset. It started pouring down rain in the night and the noise drowned out my plans to let the sounds of the morning be my alarm. I accidently woke up an hour into church. :( Disappointed, I love church.

It is so strange. I'm pretty sure when we were getting ready to come to Uruguay we were told rain was out of the picture... its rained more than once every week I've been here. Just like Italy is supposed to be hot and dry in June and it rained everyday for the first three weeks that I was there. Rain makes everything feel like home.
Last summer i sat under the shelter of the entrance on the steps of the Duomo in Florence and took pictures of everyone else scrambling to get somewhere out of the rain with their umbrellas and wellies.
Another time the rain interrupted my painting in a small town that we took a bus to get to. So I sat on the ledge and watched the lightening over Tuscany from the veranda of an old Cathedral set on a hill. Rain has been my constant companion in the world... even when its was supposed to be sunny.
It's probably raining in Uruguay because of me.





mmm.. someone is cooking something. Smells like Zambia.

No comments: