Wednesday, January 21, 2009

hmm.... voy a la playa o voy a la feria?

I promised pictures and I'm here to deliver on that promise.



es muy bonita, no?




acostarse a la playa. laying on the beach


en la agua a la playa circa la casa. in the water at the beach near the house


la patio a la casa ACU (courtyard)


Morgan and Stefanie on the beach.

for more photos --> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2004131&l=8f134&id=1513920039

Wednesdays are really good days for me. I have an hour spanish lab in the morning and then nothing... the entire rest of the day. Wait, no that's not true. I have to be around at 12:30 to eat the lunch that Raquel has prepared for me... silly me, where is my head today?
It puts me in a pickle though. With so much free time and so many things to do how will I ever decide whether I want to go to the beach or to go shopping... or to read in the courtyard or to go on a walk to the Ciudad Vieja (old town)... or to take pictures.. or to... you see? the list is endless.

I do plan to go to the Mega-YMCA a few blocks down and get a membership. Its huge and has an assortment of activities besides your regular gym which include but are not limited to a rock climbing wall, pool, classes, its like an extra spanish class since they only speak spanish. Also this YMCA is building what is supposed to be the biggest Rock climbing wall in the world down by one of the beaches and we are invited to help build it. We're making history here. It's even going in the Guinness book of World Records. and what's great is we have to have service hours while we're here and what could be better to do than that? Well I could think of a few things... like eradicate poverty from Montevideo but I'm an American student, not a Saint.

No comments: